WiMAX Will Horn In on 3G Market

By | December 7, 2004

WiMAX and other high-speed wireless technologies will share more than 40 percent of the wireless broadband market, leaving 3G with less than 60 percent of the market by 2009, according to TelecomView´s study.

“Our business case shows that the ROI for these new Wireless Broadband technologies is significantly better than for 3G,” stated Bob Larribeau, Principal Analyst at TelecomView and coauthor of this study.

The study, Wireless Broadband: Will it Replace 3G and Fixed Broadband, also reveals that new wireless broadband technologies provide significant opportunities for competitive carriers.

“Our forecasts show that WiMAX will be the clear winner amongst the new high-speed wireless technologies,” stated Ian Cox, Principal Analyst at TelecomView and coauthor of this study.

TelecomView´s report analyzes the market for Wireless Broadband through 2009 with an emphasis on how the increased performance of new technologies such as WiMAX and TD-CDMA (UMTS-TDD) will affect the market for 3G data services.

Leave a Reply