Mirage Network has announced the findings of the inaugural meeting of the Mirage Executive Advisory Committee in Las Vegas this month. The committee of industry luminaries engaged in wide-ranging discussions about the future of IT security. The committee identified six critical capabilities which network security companies must deliver to help their customers protect their data.
1. Network Access Control: Enabling flexible and secure 24/7 network access for distributed workforces
2. Regulatory Compliance: Helping customers comply with data privacy and security regulations
3. Intelligence: Providing intelligence about network-attached devices and security
4. Risk reduction: Managing risk to reduce vulnerabilities
5. Continuity: Assisting in business continuity and disaster recovery
6. ROI: Minimizing operational costs while providing strong security
Renowned security expert, Pamela Fusco, led the committee in its discussions. Fusco´s expertise includes all facets of security, such as systems, networks, wireless, compliance, auditing, risk management and forensics. She has also served as presidential advisor to the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA), and has held executive positions with Fortune 500 companies.
“Today, network security has to go beyond effectively securing data and resources,” Fusco stated. “It must also aid in facilitating anytime, anywhere access and in complying with state and federal regulations. Mirage is one of a handful of companies that is well positioned to help its customers meet these demands.”