Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, today set a new standard for enterprise security by unveiling the latest version of its NGX security platform. This new version of the NGX platform integrates endpoint security management with Check Point perimeter, internal and Web security products through the Check Point Security Management Architecture (SMART), a core component of its unified security architecture. The solution also provides centralised, real-time updates of all Check Point security products to guard against the latest threats and vulnerabilities, and allows for consistent reporting of all Check Point security products through one, easy-to-use management interface.
The integration of endpoint security management with perimeter, internal and Web security management is a security industry-first. Integrated management of all critical layers of security lowers IT costs by eliminating the need for separate management consoles, servers and reports. It also allows for greater insight into an organisation№s security posture and increases security effectiveness by ensuring consistent security policies across the entire distributed network.
“Having a single console to manage all of our Check Point products helps ease our administrative overhead and effort,І said Patrick O´Connor, Infrastructure Lead at Litigation Management. іThe time gained from using SmartCenter due to the benefits derived from a unified security platform, allowed us to focus on other areas of our business while keeping administration time to a minimum.І
This new release provides enhancements to eleven Check Point security products including SmartCenter, Provider-1, Integrity and Eventia Reporter.
Major new security management capabilities include:
– Central management of Check Point№s endpoint security solution, Integrity along with Check Point perimeter, internal and Web security solutions, including the recently announced VPN-1 Power and VPN-1 UTM gateways.
– New SmartDefense Services console integrated into SmartCenter provides administrators with the ability to globally update security configurations and defenses from a single, unified interface, ensuring defenses across the entire security infrastructure are current and ready to protect against new and evolving threats.
– Integration of Integrity event data into the Check Point security events management (SEM) solution, Eventia provides administrators and CISOs with end-to-end visibility to validate and audit security effectiveness.
The Unified Security Architecture
Unified security management is a core component of Check Point№s unified security architecture. This unified security architecture combines core, best of breed security technologies with centralised management to help enterprises of all sizes reduce the cost and complexity of security management and ensure their security systems can be easily extended to adapt to new and evolving threats.
The integration of the Integrity endpoint security solution into the Check Point SMART management represents a major milestone in the development of the unified security architecture. Check Point is the only vendor to deliver a unified security platform across all critical layers of network security perimeter, internal, Web and endpoint. Benefits delivered to customers of Check Point№s unified security architecture include:
– Visibility into the entire information security environment with centralised monitoring and reporting capability of network and security events
– Reduction of administration overhead by allowing centralised management, monitoring and universal updateability of all security enforcement points
– Consistent and updated security policies across the network and promotes regulatory compliance by more easily enforcing and auditing corporate security policy
“IT departments are constantly struggling to find the right balance managing security and profitability,” said Ken Fitzpatrick, chief marketing officer for Check Point Software Technologies. “Integrating common management tasks found among multiple security devices into a single, unified security management console eliminates repetitive duties, reduces administrative overhead and provides a comprehensive view of security effectiveness it simply makes common sense. This approach saves time, money and energy, bringing overall efficiency into IT departments everywhere, regardless of industry or size.”