Aventail has announced Aventail ST2+, the most recent release of its award-winning SSL VPN remote access platform. Innovative new features include the market’s fastest, most comprehensive end point checking and the first integrated professional reporting solution for usage and user tracking. Aventail ST2+ is the only SSL VPN with official support for the new and popular Microsoft IE7 browser.
The key new benefits of ST2+ include:
- Advanced End Point Control (EPC) for the industry’s fastest comprehensive end point health checking. ST2+ adds support for checking 100+ additional versions of end point security products such as antivirus, anti-spyware, and personal firewall, as well as simplified administration of end point checking configuration. With Aventail’s unique architecture, Aventail’s Advanced EPC runs four times faster than its major competitors. This faster end point scanning lets organizations benefit from increased security, while enhancing end user experience.
- Advanced Reporting for detailed, customized reports on user logons and behavior. This module is an integrated, professional reporting package that is scalable for a global enterprise and localization-ready.
- New Virtual Keyboard for additional protection from keystroke loggers and identity theft. An end user can now enter his authentication credentials via a virtual keyboard when in an untrusted environment such as a kiosk.
- Microsoft IE7 support for uninterrupted access from millions of devices running Internet Explorer 7. With IE7 having gone into Windows XP Automatic Update mode on November 1st, millions of users are being automatically updated to IE7, and it is imperative that their VPN continue to work. Aventail is the only SSL VPN vendor in the marketplace supporting Microsoft IE7 today.
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Support for increased leverage of an organization’s AD implementation. ST2+ adds support for searching AD for nested groups, for example. Aventail’s SSL VPN can integrate and leverage all the directory structure that an organization has implemented in AD.
ST2+ adds many advanced features designed to provide additional benefits in three key areas that: detect the identity and security of the end point; protect applications through granular access controls; and connect users securely to applications. Aventail ST2+ is the only remote access controller with universal access through one gateway, a seamless user experience, and central management for all access methods. Aventail SSL VPNs, running the ST2+ platform, secure access from devices running Windows, Windows Mobile, Linux, and Macintosh, and enable complete reach to all network resources with granular policy and bidirectional access controls.